Snort mailing list archives

RE: tcp flood

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:07:06 -0500

At 08:16 PM 3/7/2005, Joaquin Grech wrote:
Matt,

I am checking your solutions. I am looking into a way to do the limit
through IPTables but I can't find a way to do so per ip (or if the attack is
massive, per general connection). Do you know the command or where to get
that extension you mention?

Erk, you're right, iptables --limit is on a per-rule basis, not on a per source address...