Snort mailing list archives

Database ERROR:Database ERROR:Duplicate entry

From: hchlai () netscape net (Hugo Chun Hin Lai)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:17:08 -0500

I am running Snort with output mode "log_unified" and Barnyard with output mode "log_dump". I run into problem where
ACID would give me a Database ERROR:

Database ERROR:Database ERROR:Duplicate entry '3-14750' for key 1
Database ERROR:Database ERROR:Duplicate entry '3-14860' for key 1
Database ERROR:Database ERROR:Duplicate entry '5-32213' for key 1

It is interesting that when I hit the reload button a couple of times, ACID will no longer give me the error message.
However, when I come in the next morning, I would see the same error message but may be with a different "Duplicate
entry" number. I have seen numerous posts claiming it's a problem with Barnyard where it doesn't update the gen-id
properly. Does anybody has a solution for this? Many thanks!

Hugo

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.