Snort mailing list archives

snort closing connection to database " "

From: msmythe () armada cl
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:15:36 -0400

Texto:

Hi,all:
I installed snort from www.snort.org snort-2.2.0.tar.gz, but the
snort.conf file says snort 2.1.0 Ruleset... It´s that correct, can they
have different version number?

When i type the following command:
/usr/local/bin/snort -T -dev -c /var/log/snort/et/snort.conf -i eth0 -l
/var/log/snort
snort it´s inicialiced and show me this message: database: closing
connection to database " "
without the name of the database.

The output plugin is set:
output database: log, mysql, user=snort, password=mypassword,
dbname=snort_db, host=localhost

The Mysql users mysql -u root -p and mysql -u snort -p, are OK and they
have all privileges sets.

The /var/log/snort file has chmod 777

I tried changing host = localhost to 127.0.0.1 (in the snort.conf file),
but nothing happend.

Thanks in advance.

Mauricio Smythe Salinas
Capitán de Fragata
Jefe Departamento Informática
Servicio de Telecomunicaciones e Informática de la Armada
Avda. Gran Bretaña N° 980
Playa Ancha - Valparaíso
Fono 032-529284
FAX 439797