Snort mailing list archives

BASE 1.0.2 Unexpected Result /Inconsistency

From: "Briggs, Bruce" <Bruce.Briggs () suny edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:05:55 -0500

1. select an alert Signature from the list.
    you get a detail list of the alert packets
2. select Unique Addresses   Destination
    you get a list of destination IP addrs and packet counts
3. select one of the addresses by clicking on the appropriate IP Address
field
    the value listed in Occurrences as Dest. is the count of all packets
for that IP addr in the database, not those for   this specific alert
Signature
4. select the count field.
    the list displays only packets for the alert Signature for that IP
addr

I would expect consistency.
a) I should get a count in 3. above of only packets from that IP addr
matching the alert Signature, because that is the list that is displayed
in 4.
- or -
b) in 4. above, I should get all packets matching that IP addr.

My preference is for b).

Bruce