Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort question

From: "Patrick S. Harper" <patrick () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 03:50:18 -0600

You can have an inline tap that will sit as a bump on the wire and monitor
anything that goes threw it, and fail open. These are great for monitoring
traffic going to and from the internet,  or you can set a span port on your
switch and monitor your vlan, this is a good way to monitor your internal.
They also have regen taps that plug into a span port and regenerate it into
more ports.  Hope that helps

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

www.ntsug.org - Snort Users Group

"If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, get down there and light the
dang thing yourself!"