Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard MySQL client set up

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:16:19 -0600

--On Wednesday, February 23, 2005 03:26:50 PM -0800 Wayne Ho <wenghon828 () yahoo com> wrote:

Dear all:

I am setting Barnyard to write alert to database. I
first installed MySQL client 4.x, so that Barnyard can
install successfully. However, when I start barnyard
--help, I saw error:
barnyard: error while loading shared libraries:
libmysqlclient.so.12: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory

This file actually is found under
./usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.12

When I compile barnyard, I use --enable-mysql
--with-mysql-includes and --with-mysql-libraries
and it ran without errors.

Please give me some advise.

1) What OS are you using? (If it's FreeBSD, just install the port. All the dependencies will be resolved for you.) 2) Usually, when you use the --with-mysql- options, you specify the location - like this:
--with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/lib (or whatever the patch actually is)
--with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/include

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member