Snort mailing list archives

RE: How do I start with SNORT in Linux and Windows

From: "Bob Konigsberg" <bobkberg () networkeval com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:46:07 -0800

For starters, pick a platform Linux or Windows - (or FreeBSD, OpenBSD,
Solaris, HP-UX, AIX or whatever)

Then go to www.sans.org and sign up for their reading room - requires
registration, but is otherwise free

And read several of the articles on "how-to" and then try some of them.

Also, look at www.snort.org and see what they've got.

I'm not trying to give you short shrift, it's just that most of the answers
can be found in the places indicated.

Other folks who reply will likely point you to those or other places to
start.  The intention though is the same.  To point you at places where
you'll find the information you need.

Take care,

Bob