Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort Testing tools

From: "Jeff Dell" <jdell () activeworx com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:23:17 -0400

I would probably use something like Nessus, newt or if you have the cash,
checkout Blade Software's IDS Informer. There are free testing tools
specific to snort rules such as sneeze, stick and snot but they are really
old and aren't stateful, so they don't work with newer versions of snort.

Cheers,
Jeff