Snort mailing list archives

problem with restartsnort and ipcop 1.4.4

From: "Mattia" <mattia () dreamtech-it com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:36:57 +0200

Hi all, I've a problem with some or mine ipcop box 1.4.4
They all have the same configuration, but some of them stop during the initialization of the system. They all stop when they try to start snort. I've seen that the problem is restartsnort executable file that block every time it starts. In my Ipcop box I've replaced the original executable snort file with one compiled to send snort logs to a remote database. This works on all the machines that I've installed but on some of them snort stops.
What could be the problem with restartsnort and snort?
Thanks

Mattia