Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort died for no reason

From: "Patrick Harper" <patrick () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:25:41 -0500

How about upgrading snort?  It is good to keep up and ISM supports 2.0 and
higher according to the support site.

The Sourcefire ISM Agent currently supports Red Hat Linux versions 7.2, 8.0,
and 9 running Snort 2.0 or higher.  What was the last update you did on the
OS?  Did you recently upgrade the kernel or libpcap?  If you upgraded either
(or other things too) then you might be having a problem with the RPM
install of 2.1.3.  I would go to 2.4