Snort mailing list archives

RE: Second Snort instance killing performance

From: "Paul Melson" <pmelson () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:51:07 -0400

I'm running libpcap-0.8.3-10.RHEL4.  Is there a significant advantage to
running something other than RedHat's libpcap?  I have to admit, I don't
like messing with RedHat's package dependencies.  They're not especially
forgiving.

In this case I want to avoid having a single sensor and rule set for both
interfaces, since the traffic is dissimilar (one is internal, one is at an
edge).  I would rather build out a new sensor on a separate box if that's
what it comes down to.

PaulM