Snort mailing list archives

Re: please help me....!!!!!!

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:40:30 -0500

--On Thursday, August 25, 2005 02:47:45 -0700 fizza hafiz <fizza1625 () yahoo com> wrote:

i've been configured my snortSMS (sensor management
system)and i had
problem with my barnyard when i want to start my
barnyard..

here is the output.....when i'm using this command
line

[root@snortsms bin]# barnyard -c
/etc/snort/barnyard.conf -d
/var/log/snort -g /etc/snort/gen-msg.map -s
/etc/snort/sid-msg.map -f
snort.alert
Barnyard Version 0.2.0 (Build 32)
Waiting for new spool file

what is the problem now is...why the barnyard waiting
for new spool file?

Because barnyard needs a input file to read before it can do anything. Is the snort.alert file being written to?

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member