Snort mailing list archives

Re: Get/wget sigs?

From: Michael Sierchio <kudzu () tenebras com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:59:41 -0700

SN ORT wrote:
HEY! Where can I get the sigs nemore from Snort's
site? I can't autodownload anymore! Ever since snortty
website changed to a login access only, I have no clue
how to get the stuff COMMANDLINE using the good 'ol
freeBSD box. Yes, I realize there's a premium service
now, but anyone know a link or ftp address I can go to
download latest sigs? Danke!

For non-registered users, it's possible to download via the
appropriate URI -- for 2.3 rules, for example,

fetch http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/downloads.cgi/Download/vrt_pr/snortrules-pr-2.3.tar.gz