Snort mailing list archives

Confused by pgsql8.0.4

From: sake <cax0cn () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:23:51 +0800

Hi, all

Recently I try to use snort-2.4.3 and postgresql8.0.4 to build an IPS,
when compiling postgresql, I use the following command:
./configure --prefix=/home/ids
make && make install
then after insmod ip_queue,I try to compile snort like this:
./configure --prefix=/home/ids --with-pgsql=/home/ids/ --enable-inline
(at the very beginning , if I don't specify
"--with-pgsql-includes=/home/ids/include/ " , the configure will warn:
cannot find libpcre or libipq,I'm not very clear now. )
env FLAVOR=postgresql make
env FLAVOR=postgresql make install

there's no errors or warns. when I start snort:
/home/ids/bin/snort -Q -D -c /home/ids/etc/snort.conf
it spawns:
Nov 2 11:16:13 fakehost snort[16285]: database: 'postgresql' support is not
compiled into this build of snort
Nov 2 11:16:13 fakehost snort[16285]: FATAL ERROR: If this build of snort
was obtained as a binary distribution (e.g., rpm, or Windows), then check
for alternate builds that contains the necessary 'postgresql' support. If
this build of snort was compiled by you, then re-run the the ./configure
script using the '--with-postgresql' switch. For non-standard installations
of a database, the '--with-postgresql=DIR' syntax may need to be used to
specify the base directory of the DB install. See the database documentation
for cursory details (doc/README.database). and the URL to the most recent
database plugin documentation.

is there anyone meet this ?