Snort mailing list archives

New win32 Installer and Source RPM for Snort 2.4.2

From: Jennifer Steffens <jennifer.steffens () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:10:59 -0400

Hey everyone,

We have posted a new win32 installer for Snort 2.4.2 to fix a reported crash bug. This is available at http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/win32/. Our test machines had a stray WinPCAP 3.0 DLL that allowed the previous snort build to work correctly for us. In essence, Snort used WinPCAP 3.1, but LibnetNT.dll used WinPCAP 3.0. This has been corrected and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused Windows users.

In addition, we have made a source RPM available at http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/linux/.

As always, let us know if you have any issues or concerns at snort-team () sourcefire com.

Thanks,
Jennifer

-
Jennifer Steffens