Snort mailing list archives

APF with snort

From: "Tom Lee" <tom_lee01 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:19:32 +0000

Hello,
I use APF firewall in linux and try to use it along with snort.

for configuration file /etc/apf/ad/conf.antidos
it  has the option to check with snort portscan log file,
# Snort portscan  log file [experimental]
SLOG="/var/log/snort/portscan.log"

How can I make the portscan (scan.rules?) log file goes to /var/log/snort/portscan.log?
It will allow me to block those malicious IPs in advance.

thanks.

Tom