Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort-inline vs. snort with inline ??

From: Jason Brvenik <jason.brvenik () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:53:32 -0400

snort in inline mode ( --enable-inline ) and snort-inline are two
different projects. There is common code in that the snort-inline
project starts with the snort code and then adds things like a clamav
preprocessor. In that sense they are the same inline.

If you are looking to do classic IPS then snort proper is fine. If you
need to do anti virus or some of the other things that snort-inline adds
then it is appropriate.

Clear as mud right?

Michael W Cocke wrote:
I'm trying to work out what the difference is between running
snort-inline and snort compiled 'with-inline'...  Is there any?  Which
is better? (I know better is subjective, but give me a clue or two).

Mike-
--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.
--

--
Jason Brvenik - Sourcefire