Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort script

From: "paul.johnson8 () gmail com" <paul.johnson8 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:52:11 +1000

Thanks Nigel, that did the trick.

Cheers

On 15/08/06, Nigel Houghton <nigel () sourcefire com> wrote:
On  0, "paul.johnson8 () gmail com" <paul.johnson8 () gmail com> wrote:
I have a script for Solaris which is used to stopping and starting
snort.  Unfortuantly, the script keeps coming up with a syntax errror.
 Could some kind person shed some light on this.

Thanks for your help.

#!/sbin/sh
SnortBin=/usr/local/bin
ConfDir=/usr/local/snort/etc
RuleDir=/usr/local/snort/rules
case "$1" in
'start')
        [ -f $ConfDir/snort.conf ] && $SnortBin/snort -u snort -g
snort -d -D -i eri0 -c $ConfDir/snort.conf
    echo "snort starting."
        ;;

'stop')
        kill `cat /var/run/snort_eri0.pid`
    echo "snort stopping."
        ;;

*)
        echo "Usage: $0 { start | stop }"

You don't say what the error is, but I'm guessing it's here:

        exit 1)

Which should look like this:

         exit 1
         ;;

esac
exit 0

                  Vulnerability Research Team

        There is no theory of evolution, just a list
           of creatures Vin Diesel allows to live.