Snort mailing list archives

Re: (portscan) Open Port:

From: "Bamm Visscher" <bamm.visscher () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:40:36 -0600

That's the sfportscan preprocessor [0]

Bammkkkk

[0] http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_htmanuals/htmanual_260/node11.html#SECTION00317000000000000000

On 9/7/06, Mark Rohrbeck <mark.rohrbeck () gmail com> wrote:

Hi all,

I am getting thousands of these portscans (Below are 3 examples) They are basically all from my exchange server to
different IP addresses mainly on port 25 I have noticed a few of 53 too.  They are all going to addresses on the
internet and I am not sure if I should be concerned or not, they are happening continuously all through the day.

If I can offer any more information please let me know, I would really like to get to the bottom of this, I have
googled away and find similar posts but no answers.

When I click on the link to Snort it says

GEN:SID

1:27

Message

Sorry, no such   sid-gen (1:27)