Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem with BASE in browser

From: Axton Grams <axton.grams () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:40:29 -0400

Alejandro wrote:
I have Base 1.2.5 (sarah), continuing with Andy Firman's tutorial. So I
have no create base_conf.php, just open  my browser at
http://localhost/base and the setup steps appear (page 7 from tutorial).
This was yesterday, but today this page does not appear in the browser,
just this banner. So I can setup the base package.

Andy Firman tells to create /var/www/base, but maybe I can create
/var/www/html/base.....I'll see.
You need to the directory that the doc root for your webserver is
configured.  Try this to see what that is:

cat /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf |grep DocumentRoot |grep -v '#'

should return something like this:

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

I which case, you would unpack the tgz into "/var/www/html".

Whatever directory this creates inside /var/www/html you will point your
web browser to:

for example, if unpacking creates a directory structure like this:

/var/www/html/base-1.2.6

you would point your browser to:

http://<server>/base-1.2.6

Really thanks,

Alejandro

Briggs, Bruce escribió:
What version of BASE?
Did you create a base_conf.php and set up your specifics in it?

Bruce