Snort mailing list archives

Re: 2.6.1.3 - FATAL ERROR: SpoUnified: write failed: Bad address

From: Darryl Taylor <darryl.taylor () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:58:03 -0500

Sorry, didn't notice the the error in the title. Must be tired.
Anyway compile with --enable-debug option. Then do "export
SNORT_DEBUG=-1". Then run snort and let it crash. You could also add
strace. Lots of debugging output. Post the output. Maybe that will
give more of a hint. Last line of defense is the core. Also just out
of curiosity, is there any correlation with the crash and the size of
the file being written to?

Darryl Taylor
Security Engineer

Fingerprint: AEA7 16DB 2DC3 0C3E 43A9 F1B6 E25A 6A7C 16F2 68B6
Key: http://demo.sourcefire.com/dtaylor.pgp.key