Snort mailing list archives

Open Solaris & Snort

From: David.Ryan () Quintiles com
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:03:20 +0000

Hi all,

Quick question - is there any particular reason why Snort (and associated
applications like BASE, etc . . .) shouldn't run on Open Solaris ?  I
haven't tried yet, but if someone knows for sure that it doesn't then it
would save time.  I understand there are some issues with other OSes like
Free BSD for example which prevent it from running correctly.

I already have it running on Fedore Core 4, but we are planning on moving
platfoms in general to Open Solaris, so I wanted to check out the options.

Thanks,

David
=================================
David Ryan
IT Security Engineer, Global IT Security
Quintiles, Global IT - Infrastructure, QDUB

david.ryan () quintiles com
v:  +353-1-819-5186, GMT+0
m: +353-87-124-9108
=================================

**********************  IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ  ************************
This electronic message, including its attachments, is COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL
and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message or any of the information included
in it is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and
permanently delete this message and its attachments, along with any copies
thereof. If this electronic message contains a zipped attachment and you do
not have a decompression tool, you may download unZIP (free of cost) from:
http://www.mk-net-work.com/us/uz/unzip.htm. Alternatively, you may request
that the attachment be resent in an uncompressed format.        Thank you.