Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unable to install Snort 2.6.1.4 on RHEL5

From: Alex Butcher <alex.butcher () bristol ac uk>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:30:40 +0100

Dan Brummer wrote:
Same error on both my RHEL5 servers using 2.6.1.5.

I wonder if this is an issue:

rpm -qa | grep libpcap
libpcap-0.9.4-8.1
libpcap-devel-0.9.4-8.1
libpcap-0.9.4-8.1

It shows two libpcaps installed and it won't let me remove any of them.

Presumably you're running an x86_64 distro on an Intel EM64T or AMD64
platform, hence the i386 and x86_64 versions of the libpcap package
which is normal on such distros.

-Dan

Best Regards,
Alex.