Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort process getting killed

From: "doug schmidt" <douglas.j.schmidt () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:50:32 -0400

fwiw. I had rebooted the box yesterday, checking to see if recently
added memory was an issue. Upon reboot I forgot to plumb the IP'less
interface it was sniffing on.
Without plumbing the interface, I had tried all search methods with
same results.
Im going to try this again today with the interface plumbed.

(lowmem,acs,ac,ac-std,ac-banded,ac-sparsebands,mwm)

Found this info, but I do not get the mem error in messages. This is
what made me try the different methods.

http://osdir.com/ml/security.ids.snort.devel/2006-08/msg00014.html

Im going to try the different search methods again today.
Also, 2.6.1.5 was killed off at some point last night.

2.6.1.5 was running last night with no method specifically specified.

~doug