Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort memory swap usage

From: Todd Wease <twease () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:52:04 -0400

Zakai Kinan wrote:
Is snort unable to use swap?  I have a server with 4GB
of ram and 10GB of swap.  This morning snort crashes
with the error: "ACSM-No Memory: acsmCompile!".  I was
able to fix it by changing the memory configuration.

TIA,

Zk

Snort ultimately makes calls to malloc or calloc for dynamic memory
requests.  If these return NULL, according to the man pages, there is no
memory to be had.

Todd