Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Snort not righting to DB

From: "Louis Bohm" <lbohm () adnexustx com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:46:13 -0400

Sorry about that...

Anyway I am trying Barnyard and having no luck with it.  I downloaded
ver 0.2 of it from snort.org and compiled it with mysql support.  In the
barnyard.conf file I am guessing I use the output type for acid if I
want to log it into the db????  So I created an output like this:

 output log_aciddb: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snortDB, server
localhost, user snortuser, password XXXXX, detail full

And when I run it barnyard say:

            WARNING /etc/snort/barnyard.conf(138) => Unknown output
plugin "log_aciddb" referenced, ignoring!Fatal Error, Quitting..

Exiting

So how do I tell barnyard about the plugins???

Louis

~~
Louis Bohm
Network Administrator