Snort mailing list archives

Re: Diagnosing MySQL server has gone away messages

From: Michael Stone <mstone+snort () mathom us>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:19:27 -0400

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 02:15:53PM -0400, bleh wrote:
I agree, a car analogy does work. Sure, I know that having on the A/C has
the potential to impact performance. However, there are still many key
factors involved such as the engine size, transmition, fuel and weight.
These factors are very similar in nature to those I addressed above. You
telling me I should *always* run with my A/C off is a blanket statement and
has very little bearing when you have no idea what kind of car I drive and
how I drive it.

And the upside to not using a buffer for your database inserts is...?

Mike Stone