Snort mailing list archives

Re: Taking Down Wifi

From: Quantum Scientific <Info () Quantum-Sci com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 06:32:40 -0700

I've turned off promiscuous.  Same problem.  Gotta ditch Snort.

On 29 Aug, 2007, at 04:06, Dev Null wrote:

I have no idea :(. All I know is that passive sniffing and being connected
at the same time just do not work.

Kismet and company switch channels in order to scan, which automatically drops you from whatever AP you were connected to on the (now) old channel.

Not sure why just firing up snort would drop AP. I suspect the driver sees the card is now in promiscuous mode and decides it needs to reset the card / AP association.

Kinda weird. I do wifi sniffing w/ snort and kismet all the time. Kismet drops AP as expected. Snort never does. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser. Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/ _______________________________________________
Snort-users mailing list
Snort-users () lists sourceforge net