Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort keeps dying!!!

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:04:51 -0400

What OS?  What hardware?  Do you have anything in your system log?

Joel

On 9/6/07 11:57 AM, "Zakai Kinan" <titanyen2000 () yahoo com> mentioned to me:

I just upgraded from 2.6.1.5 to 2.7.0.1 and now snort
keeps dying with no error messages.  I am using
snortsam, flex_resp2, and react.  I have lowered the
memory config to lowmem.  The firewall has two cpus
and 4GB of ram.  I start the daemaon and 2 minutes
later it stops suddenly.  Has anyone else encounter
this problem?

TIA,

ZK

--
joel esler | security consultant | Sourcefire | pgp is public