Snort mailing list archives

This is a new one

From: "Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD () uthscsa edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:36:06 -0500

Jul 27 11:29:52 Wilbur snort[3024]: FATAL ERROR: If this build of snort
was obtained as a binary distribution (e.g., rpm, or Windows), then
check for alternate builds that contains the necessary 'mysql' support.
If this build of snort was compiled by you, then re-run the ./configure
script using the '--with-mysql' switch. For non-standard installations
of a database, the '--with-mysql=DIR' syntax may need to be used to
specify the base directory of the DB install.  See the database
documentation for cursory details (doc/README.database). and the URL to
the most recent database plugin documentation.

I recently installed the latest snortsam patches and I have a feeling
that the new patch installs snort.  I am trying to find out how to get
around this.  Maybe someone can help.

Dwane