Snort mailing list archives

Re: Promiscuous mode, how-to?

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 07:53:26 -0500

Hi Mat,

Snort puts the NIC into promiscuous mode automatically at startup
unless you tell it not to with the -P switch.

        -Marty

On Nov 30, 2007, at 10:08 PM, Rachmat Hidayat Al-Anshar wrote:

Hi guys...

There is so many reference telling us that we have to set the NIC on
promiscuous mode
before they can be ready to eavesdrop every single thing that flow
on the network traffic,
but so rarely telling us how to do that, how to configure it, how to
make that thing
happen (^^!), I need more explanation here...

Any response will greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
~ Mat ~

Snort-users list archive: