Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Rules Availability

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:53:42 -0500

July 5, 2007.

http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/snortnews.cgi?page=7

On Feb 6, 2008, at 3:44 PM, Seth wrote:

Patrick passed away?  Did his happen recently?

-Seth

On Feb 6, 2008 9:56 AM, Mike Guiterman
<mike.guiterman () sourcefire com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

We plan on opening applications for our annual Scholarship program on
Feb. 13.   An announcement will be sent out when the application is
available online. This year's scholarship program will be in memory
of
Patrick and all of his contributions to the community.

John is correct.  There is a 30 day delay from the original release
date
for each VRT updates.  After 30 days new rules are available free of
charge to registered users of Snort.org.

-Mike

John Pritchard wrote:
There was a VRT release today 2008-02-05. Currently, if you don't
"subscribe" there is a 30 day delay before you have access to the
new
rules..... Hence, the 2008-03-05 availability date...
http://www.snort.org/vrt/why_subscribe.html