Snort mailing list archives

Re: alternative to BASE

From: CunningPike <cunningpike () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 00:00:34 -0700

Hi there,

My recommendation would be to run sguil and, for web-based summary
reports like BASE provides, use squert - it's lots faster, and re-uses
the sguildb that you already have.

CP

Lamanary Ramos de Pina wrote:
Hi all,

I have a centos+snort+base ips set and is quite difficult to me to "see"
the results of the drops on BASE console. I understand that a sdrop
doesn't produce any alert but that's not what I want.

Is there anything like BASE (free or not) that runs over snort that
gives me a different feedback on the alerts, logs and drops namely?

I read something about sguil and i would like to know if is possible to
run it together with base? if yes, can you point me a good tutorial?

Yes, I admit that I haven't googled enough on this yet, I'm just asking
for a shortcut here.

Thanks, Lamanary

ps: I'm sorry for the other mail, I accidentally send it as reply on the
thread that I was reading.

--
http://lamanary.wordpress.com

Use priority code J8TL2D2.