Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort on web servers behind reverse proxies

From: Tudor Panaitescu <TPanaitescu () colorcon com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 11:51:35 -0400

Hi Jack

That's more like it. Can you please elaborate a little on your approach ?

Thanks,
Tudor

             Jack Pepper
             <pepperjack@affer
             entsecurity.com>                                           To
             Sent by:                  snort-users () lists sourceforge net
             snort-users-bounc                                          cc
             es@lists.sourcefo
             rge.net                                               Subject
                                       Re: [Snort-users] Snort on web
                                       servers behind reverse proxies
             05/01/2008 11:46
             AM

Or, are you wanting the alert actions inside of snort to replace the
proxy addr with the addr in the True-Client-IP field?

that's doable with a custom output method, but nothing built-in.

jp

Quoting Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>:

Okay, Let me clarify and you tell me if I am wrong or right.  You want
to write a Snort rule to detect if your proxies are sending your
inside ip's out to the internet?  Or are you asking how to modify your
proxies so that they don't send the IP's at all?

joel