Snort mailing list archives

Re: Breaking SSL

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:30:42 -0600

Snort pre-processor is discontinued, It does not compile against 2.8.  However
I found viewssld, a daemon that uses dssl lib (owners of ssltech) to crypt and
drecrypt. It works but, it has a but.

Viewssl reads ssl traffic from a source interface and writes decrypted traffic in
other interface.  It works, we successfully can snif dummy0 and see "GET
request" from a https connectioon.  How ever, we are no able to see HTML in
return.  I dont know if is a miss capability of viewssl or dssl lib does not
deals with this.

Any of you have tried this?

TIA