Snort mailing list archives

Re: Poor performance using snort 2.8.x in inline mode

From: Matt Watchinski <mwatchinski () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:03:57 -0500

Some thoughts:

Are you using a Guest OS that supports vmware-tools ?  If so are they
installed ?

Do all the images running under ESXi have vmware-tools installed ?

Disable sfportscan
Disable perf_ profiling

Remove these compile options, they don't do anything for you.
--enable-inline-init-failopen - you don't have a failopen capable card
--enable-memory-cleanup - This wouldn't help with performance
--enable-pthread - this is used with init-failopen

Cheers,
-matt