Snort mailing list archives

Re: Understanding Snort and mysql vs Barnyard and mysql

From: "firnsy" <firnsy () securixlive com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:46:18 +0930

G'day James,

This was a small side effect to aligning to all of Snort's output plugins.

Now that this has been done, we can now start to implement appropriate
features as required. We have just released beta3 of the next version which
should have more resilient reconnection support for MySQL databases.

The reconnection is a blocking action and should be taken into consideration
if multiple output plugins are configured.

- firnsy