Snort mailing list archives

Re: IP Blacklisting for Snort 2.8.4.1

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:40:25 +1200

Martin Roesch wrote:
Hi everyone,

I wrote a patch for Snort 2.8.4.1 that implements IP blacklisting as a
preprocessor in Snort over this past weekend.  We talked about this
last week on the mailing list in regards to trying to implement
blacklisting using regular Snort rules and how well that doesn't work.
:)

Cool. Hey Marty - are you gonna add RBL lookups next?  ;-) (I'm
kidding!, I'm kidding!)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417