Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Upgrade

From: Matt Watchinski <mwatchinski () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 13:40:01 -0400

You'll need to add something like the following to your snort.conf for
2.8.4 and the new dcerpcv2

preprocessor dcerpc2: memcap 102400, events [smb, co, cl]
preprocessor dcerpc2_server: default, policy WinXP, \
detect [smb [139,445], tcp 135, udp 135, rpc-over-http-server 593], \
autodetect [tcp 1025:, udp 1025:, rpc-over-http-server 1025:], \
smb_max_chain 3

and remove the old preprocessor dcerpc statements.

Cheers,
-matt

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Jefferson, Shawn