Snort mailing list archives

Re: Where can i find the tutorial for snort development?

From: Jason Brvenik <jasonb () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:37:32 -0400

google returned these common references for snort development.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070717140415/http://afrodita.unicauca.edu.co/~cbedon/snort/spp_kickstart.html

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/tools/developing_a_snort_dynamic_preprocessor_32874

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:38 AM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb () gmail com> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Ryan Jordan <ryan.jordan () sourcefire com>
wrote:

We have a separate mailing list for development stuff. There are some
Snort devs that read that list, but not the Users list. The list is
snort-devel () lists sourceforge net. As with this list, you will need to sign
up in order for your messages to get through.

NO one can become a developer from user immediately , many times i too tried
to learn  to add some modules -- my experience with both user list and
developer list was not so supportive --i too understood  that ever one on
the list are busy enough so left asking more after trying few times

if there was a bridging course/material/resources which makes a common user
become developer will make snort become much more popular and better is what
i feel

That being said, there isn't really an authoritative tutorial on Snort
development. It sounds like a good idea, but not something we can do
immediately. Still, by all means, send development questions to snort-devel.

--Ryan

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 6:23 AM, Devdutt Patnaik <xendevid () gmail com>