Snort mailing list archives

How to Ignore certain alerts

From: "Daniel Qian" <daniel.qian () supracanada com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:59:11 -0400

I am having nearly 10000 Microsoft SQL server related alerts produced by
Snort for our /23 network block. But most of our systems are not even
Microsoft. I am trying to make Snort send these alerts for only a couple
servers. so I have tried putting

var SQL_SERVERS [x.x.x.x/32,y.y.y.y/32]

in snort.conf but it doesnt do anything for me. What is the best approach to
achieve that result?

Two links about the alerts copied from Barnyard2:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-039.mspx

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99992.htm

Thanks,
Daniel