Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard syslog problem

From: Skip Carter <skip () taygeta com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 19:19:40 -0700

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:54:54 -0600
"Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com> wrote:

Looking into running two output plugins (one for alert and one for log unified files) with one barnyard instance, and
the configuration allows me to specifc both, and testing with -R shows both, but how does the bookmark file work in
this scenario?  Any barnyard experts know?  Do you have to run two instances if you want to process both the alert
and log unified files with barnyard?

Running two instances was the only way I got this sort of arrangement to work with V 0.2.
I was able to use only one instance with Banyard2 V1.5 (the only catch was that with B2
the waldo file is a binary file -- I had to write a little helper app to create the initial
waldo file since it doesnt seem to create one like the docs say it should).

--
 Dr. Everett (Skip) Carter      Phone: 831-641-0645 FAX:  831-641-0647
 Taygeta Scientific Inc.        e-mail: skip () taygeta com