Snort mailing list archives

Re: newbie question about $HOME_NET

From: JJ Cummings <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 08:33:53 -0600

In that case, you still want your $HOME_NET variable set to your network
block that you are "protecting".  But you should set your $EXTERNAL_NET to
any.. this will let you see internal attacks against internal hosts (of
course this assumes that you have your SPAN session / TAP setup to see this
internal traffic).