Snort mailing list archives

Re: how can we alert on web visiting activity?

From: Jason Brvenik <jasonb () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:46:27 -0500

please try starting snort without checksum checking. The snort manual
has information about how to do that and to understand why check out
checksum offloading.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:40 PM, mary andrews <maryandrews22 () gmail com> wrote:
just one machine in all, running windows xp, then snort 2.8.5.1

when we open a dos window and issue any ping, it alerts the dos screen onto
which snort is running,
and it also gets logged.

Now from that machine we open an instance of internet explorer 8, and visit
www.ebay.com

we expect to see the alert on the dos screen(or logged in snort) just as the
alert from ping.

should we try something else?

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Jason Brvenik <jasonb () sourcefire com>