Snort mailing list archives

Proposed Modification, reduction of false positives in SID 7829

From: "evilghost () packetmail net" <evilghost () packetmail net>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:27:40 -0500

I am see false positives on SID 7829 in spyware-put.rules due to the
nocase content matching on "Gator", things like "Akregator/1.5.1;
syndication" match on this.  Rather than using the negated content
matches to eliminate the false positives (see the current FeedDemon
negated match) I propose the content match be changed to content:"
Gator" from content:"Gator".  The pcre would then no longer be necessary
as well.

Perhaps even a simple content match:

content:"|0d 0a|User-Agent|3a| Gator"; nocase

-evilghost