Snort mailing list archives

missing HTML code

From: Adam Szabo <adamx001 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:23:46 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to capture HTML code in a packet's payload using Snort under
Ubuntu Linux. I made a very simple HTML file and uploaded it to a free
hosting service.
I configured Snort to capture any TCP/UDP packets and then i visited the
website with Firefox. I got 23 alerts, lost of packets without payload (i
guess this is just a discussion between the server and my computer about
what i need from the server and how?) and only two packets with a payload,
but both only HTTP headers. Where is the HTML code?

Thank you,
Adam Szabo