Snort mailing list archives

Re: Generic SQL injection false positives

From: Guise McAllaster <guise.mcallaster () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:58:35 +0000

Matt/Shong,

You are not overly sensitive.  I apologize.  It was mistakenly typed.
I am not trying to offend or be vulgar (I googled the word and now
know more English slang) :)

Guise

On 1/27/10, Matt Olney <molney () sourcefire com> wrote:
Guise,

I'll kick this over to Shong and have her look at it.  I'm sure she'll
get back to you shortly.  But first, I have something you need to do.

Either intentionally, or, I hope, unintentionally, you misspelled Ms.
Hong's name as "shlong".  Now you don't know her, nor do you know the
quality and quantity of the output that she provides on behalf of
Sourcefire and its customers.  I am quite willing to put up with your
various quirks and means of communication, and I'm very happy to work
with you to correct issues in our rule set.  I'll even put up with the
dismissive manner that you take when discussing the VRT and
Sourcefire.

I feel, strongly, that this sort of behavior isn't appropriate on this
list.  I would certainly not be happy if someone on the VRT did this,
and I am not happy with this.  I would hope that you would appologize
for this error.  You will probably consider this overly touchy and
sensitive, but I'm very protective of the people who work on this
team.

I'm sure you understand,

Matt

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Guise McAllaster