Snort mailing list archives

Re: deploying ClamAV with Snort IDS

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:03:07 -0500

Indeed, HAVP is far better suited (best with Squid in a parent-proxy
configuration). I just set this up not too long ago:

http://www.procyonlabs.com/guides/linux/slackware/squid_guard_havp

Randy

On Mon, February 1, 2010 12:46 pm, Will Metcalf wrote:
If you are interested in stopping viruses in http/ftp traffic with ClamAV
 I suggest you have a look at HAVP.  They do this better than we did, the
 problem being that ClamAV expects a file so unless you do some serious
work writing protocol dissectors to hand it something in a format it
expects, most of the time it will only find viruses in protocols where
the file starts at the beginning of the payload i.e. (no application
headers present).  We add some rudimentary support for http but HAVP is
way more robust.

Regards,

Will

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Alan Brennan