Snort mailing list archives

Re: Errors with the Snort manual

From: Nigel Houghton <nhoughton () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:00:00 -0500

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM, evilghost () packetmail net
<evilghost () packetmail net> wrote:
Hello,

There was a discussion on ET about some errors in the Snort manual.  I
cannot remember if I reported these or not.  The Snort 2.8.4 manual
appears to be inaccurate or wrong in a few places, specifically:

Page #114, section 3.5.6, the REGEX used to explain figure 3.16 is
incorrect.
Page #114, section 3.5.7, the "10 bytes past the ABCDE match" verbiage
is incorrect, there is no "D" in figure 3.17 nor is the explanation of
figure 3.17 correct.

I did not check 2.8.5 but I assume these may persist there as well.

Thanks
-evilghost

The 2.8.4 manual was indeed incorrect. The 2.8.5 manual has been corrected.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist