Snort mailing list archives

Re: "Making Snort go fast under Linux..."

From: "Chan, Wilson" <wchan () honolulu gov>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:31:54 -1000

Found the settings for S5 and maxed out the queue and then the max bytes as it started to complain after bumping the
queue size up. I no longer see the "Session exceeded" warnings but it's still dropping packets at 3% vs less than 1%
when using the default search-method (AC-BNFA). Is this normal?

##-wc Default is max_queued_seg 2621,   Max is 1GB (1073741824)
##-wc Default is max_queued_bytes 1024, Default 1048576 is 1MB & Max is 1GB (073741824)
##preprocessor stream5_tcp: policy first, use_static_footprint_sizes
preprocessor stream5_tcp: policy first, \
                          use_static_footprint_sizes, \
                          max_queued_segs 1073741824, \
                          max_queued_bytes 1073741824

Wilson